Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A New Technique

So, I've been knitting since I was a little kid, I've been lucky enough to have my Grandmother teach me. Over the last couple of years I've become more and more advantageous with my knitting. I've gone from knitting in the round with circulars to cable knitting, colour work, all the way to double pointed knitting. Now for some that may not be a big thing, but for me it has been; all the above have been things I've taught myself from watching videos and books.

And so you may be wondering what is my next step...well that would be designing my own pattern. :) I have the book Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 5: Lace Knitting. I narrowed it down to a stitch pattern, picked the yarn and needles and have casted on.

This will be my first winter in Northern Alberta, and I've been told/warned of how cold it gets here (-60) so thought why not make myself a cowl to keep me warm. Having only 2 places to buy yarn in town (Walmart and Zellers) I'm using my favorite yarn Bernat Satin in Soft Fern. It's soft and will make for a quick knit.

Stay tuned for the results, fingers crossed it'll be nice; and I'll be able to post the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment