Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cards


You fill a bag with candy and place inside.
 I've been back home in Ontario for over a month now, and it's been really nice not to have any obligations like a job or anything else. I've been able to help my Grandma out whenever she needs it, and go on trips with her; I have to say this looks to be one of the best Christmas' for me. My Grandma is like a second mom to me, and it's scary coming to the realization that she's not going to be around forever...so I've thoroughly enjoyed this time.

With that being said, lately my mom has been coming up with little things I can do around the house, like decorating, baking, cleaning; just to name a few things. But this week I had a really fun task to do...Christmas card making! I absolutely love making cards, I can't explain why without sounding a tad bit crazy but I just love it. She gave me a template of another card of what she wanted, and we went from there. This merely gave me another reason to take a trip to the most wonderful store in the world...MICHAEL'S! Not that I think you should have to have a reason to go there, it just makes it easier to explain to your husband why you bought what you did... : p

My mom is a very matchy matchy person, she doesn't like to mix a lot of colours together, which made this kind of hard as I'm the complete opposite. I love to through in different colours, textures and hues together. But together we got some really good items to make the cards, and they're not like the original at all. 

I'm an embossing God...I kid, I kid. : p


An up close look at the details...

I got my sparkle...in ribbon.


My mom loved them so much she wants me to do some more for her work but in red, which I had to say I'm excited about. I think I'll post a step-by-step look at how I made them, not that I think it's that hard to figure out...but meh.

I'm off to listen to more Christmas music and to do some knitting, I had an idea for a new cowl...yes I'm addicted to them lately. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment