Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Home - A cowl pattern

Alright so I've been working all week on a cowl, and I'm proud to say it's done. : ) I bought this yarn that is so soft and chunky, I love it. The yarn is by Loops and Threads called Country Loom in colour Driftwood (01165). Since I have yet to figure out how to use windows word I decided to just type it on here...without further a due, my pattern. : )

Home - Cowl


Yarn: Loops & Threads Country Loom, colour Driftwood. 1 Ball
Needles: 8mm / 11US
**I'll admit I didn't care about the gauge, but the yarn itself has a gauge of 11stitches and 16 rows to create 4x4inches, using a 9mm needle.**

Using 8mm needles cast-on 28 stitches, working back and forth proceed with pattern bellow...

Row 1: K4, P4 - repeat to last 4 sts. K4
Row 2: P4, K4 - repeat to last 4 sts. P4
Row 3: K4, P4 - repeat to last 4 sts. K4
Row 4: P4, K4 - repeat to last 4 sts. P4
Row 5-6: KNIT
Row 7: P4, K4 - repeat to last 4 sts. P4
Row 8: K4, P4 - repeat to last 4 sts. K4
Row 9: P4, K4 - repeat to last 4 sts. P4
Row 10: K4, P4 - repeat to last 4 sts. K4
Row 11-12: KNIT

Repeat rows 1-12 until piece measures desired length, then loosely cast off. I did 8 repeats for my cowl. Once you cast off sew cast on and cast off ends together and ENJOY!

Here's a close up of the stitch pattern, the picture's not that great; kinda hard to do it own your own with a big honkin' camera. ha ha
Feel free to re-create this pattern, post pictures for me!


**As a disclaimer, I've made this pattern on my own and I have posted the pattern on here because I'm proud to share it. And if you're going to recreate and sell it for profit or for charity all I ask is that you don't pass the pattern off as your own. Thanks.**

No comments:

Post a Comment