Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis the Season

I always tell people my favorite holiday is Boxing Day (Dec. 26). As a shopaholic it gives me such a thrill to be out and around looking for the best deals on items. I love it! But my favorite season is the Christmas season, as soon as November 1st hits I start getting my decorations out, playing holiday music, baking, and so many other things. I still remember making a mess at my Grandmothers baking Christmas cookies as a little girl. And to this day I still take time to go over and make a mess.

And even though I've been home now for almost a month I'm still not in the Christmas spirit...at least not until this morning. I woke up to S-N-O-W! I was so excited, a crisp white blanket has covered the city and it's perked me right up. So, today I've spent the day cozed up on the couch, watching movies and attempting to knit.

I've been wanting to make a cowl for myself, something big and warm to wrap around my neck for the winter. And I've been wanting to make something myself but I have been having the worse time finding a stitch pattern I love. I had this great green yarn that I used for my previous cowl but came to the sad conclusion today that it's not the stitch patterns I'm not liking it's the yarn itself. There's just something about the yarn that's just not what I want. And it's so sad because it's a beautiful, soft yarn.

I'm off to find some yarn more fitting and to make myself a nice big cup of hot chocolate. Enjoy this season and I hope you all have as many happy memories and traditions as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment